Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Samantha's New Room


We decided that for Samantha's birthday we were going to redecorate her room. What we ended up doing was painting Theo's room a couple weeks ago, and then yesterday mom and I made the switch while Kat took the kids to Kings Dominion (who got the better end of that deal?)



This is kind of what we had to deal with while we were painting.



Mom and Kat painting the room a brighter green.


Dad finally joined in, telling Kathryn and I that he should have let us paint more when we were younger. This is not a compliment as it may seem, he said it because we weren't doing the greatest job on the room. He blames himself mostly.

We couldn't do everything on one day mostly because the bedding hadn't arrived, but I think the project needed more than one day to complete.

Here is the finished product...



The curtains are purple with sparkles and there is a purple rug in front of her bed (so soft!). When Kathryn got home with the kids I went to crouch behind Samantha's bed and took pictures as she realized that this was her room (I'm sure for a moment she wondered why we decorated it this way for Theo).


I think she likes it!

I think she is praying she is so happy, and in the background Kat is doing her happy dance. Behind the door is a holder for her shoes (she didn't know she had so many) and in the closest mom added an extra rod (bought at the store), "You know, because she's short." so she has two bars in there now to hang up her clothes. She really liked it! Good idea guys! Now we've got to do Theo's.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Looking good, looking good.

Joanna & Ben said...

I'm happy for Sammy, she deserves a cute room. You better keep it clean girl!! Can't wait to get up there and see it in person.