At 7, they rolled him back to the OR. Terri (his mother) and I decided to go to the cafeteria and get some breakfast. We sat, ate and talked until about 8:30. Then, we went to the waiting room. At 10:30 we hadn't heard anything, so Terri went to the volunteer at the desk and asked her about Jeff. She checked and Jeff was still in surgery. At 10:45 we were led to a consult room and told the doctor would come to talk to us. Dr. Sharma and Paul Tanner (the guy who will be making the prosthetic ear) came in and told us everything went well. They didn't actually start the surgery until 8:30. Jeff needed an hour to wake up from the anesthetia. So, back to the waiting room we went.
Around noon, Jeff was being wheeled to the post-op room, and we got to follow. I cried when I saw him because he was all bandaged up and he looked so out of it. He was in the post-op room until 2:30. Then, we were able to take him home.
All he wanted was a veggie omelet and water. So, we got him home and settled. He took his pain killer and drank some water, ate his omelet and tried to rest.
Look at how tired he is. At 7, he decided he wanted to try and sleep. So, I got him all settled for the night and headed home. He thanks you all for your prayers and love.
3 comments:
Glad to see he is doing well!
ditto!
Hey Jeff, congrats on things going well. I dig the ear cup! Few can pull off that look but you got it.
Post a Comment