Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Memorable Quotes

I watched Devin, Lauryn and Brenan yesterday. We had many memorable moments:

Lauryn: Hi Ka! Mom said I can do anything I want today.

Brenan: uh oh!

Lauryn: (at a baby shower last night) I want to see where that secret path goes, but I don't want to go by myself. (It was a sidewalk around the house)

Devin: Your room seems smaller
Me: Is it because of the ache in your heart?
Devin: Yeah...that's it

Lauryn: Martha
Me: Um, I am Ka!
Lauryn: I am Lauryn! Ok, Devin your turn.

Lauryn: Brenan, say please (Brenan does the sign for please). He doesn't do thank you.

Me: Want to say your ABC's?
Lauryn: A, B, C, D, R, F, G
Me: Close
Lauryn: Z, Q, Y, P
Me: That's not the right order
Lauryn: It's my order

Lauryn: (watching Hotel for Dogs) I'm done. I watched it like 100 times when it was my Netflix

Lauryn: (at Kirsten's baby shower) Ka, come here. Take me to the car and buckle me up.

Dog on Hotel for Dogs is howling
Brenan: (howling like a dog)

Lauryn: Ka, I missed you so much.

Me: What do you guys want for lunch?
Lauryn: Is pizza lunch?

Lauryn stretches and accidentally kicks Devin
Me: Lauryn, could you try stretching another way so you don't kick Devin?
Lauryn: I can't stretch like this (sticks her hands and feet up in the air)

Lauryn: I wish the office was still up here so I wouldn't have to climb over a gate.

We were down in the office (my old room):
Lauryn: Ka. Can you lift me over the gate so I can go potty.

Lauryn: Ka, can you come lift me over the gate, I am done.
Me: You are heavier than when I lifted you over a minute ago.

later:
Lauryn: Ka, can you lift me over the gate again? Am I heavier?

Lauryn: Ka gave me Hotel for Dogs for my birthday, and then I built my own hotel for dogs in my room.

Lauryn: When I am a mom, I am going to give my little girl a kitty and my little boy a puppy and a little bunny for me. My little bunny can sleep in my bed, but only if he is little.

Me: Lauryn, can I fix your ponytail?
Lauryn: Just take it out.
Me: I'll take it out and brush it.
Lauryn: Um, don't brush it until tomorrow. I just want to shake my head and brush my hair out of my face, like this! (brushes hair out of her face)

Devin: Lauryn, get out of my room (he picks up Brenan and shuts the door. Lauryn storms off)
Me: Lauryn, you are missing your movie.
Lauryn: I can see it from up here!!

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

Top two favorites:

Devin: Your room seems smaller
Me: Is it because of the ache in your heart?
Devin: Yeah...that's it

Lauryn: Martha
Me: Um, I am Ka!
Lauryn: I am Lauryn! Ok, Devin your turn.